Topics needed for the GMAT Quant / Math Section
Preparing for the GMAT quant section can be a long exercise and many test-takers face a tricky situation not knowing how to start-off with the preparation. The syllabus isn’t clearly specified and hence it is very difficult to figure out precisely what is needed for the GMAT Test.
Want to get a perfect score in the GMAT Quant / Math section?
After our thorough research and extensive study of a large number of questions from various sources, we compiled the list of topics you need to be comfortable, confident, and proficient in order to ace the GMAT Test. The topics list include the following:
- Numbers, Calculations and Solving
- Cross Multiplication
- Quadratic Equations
- Arithmetic mean and Standard Deviation
- Inequalities (algebraic expressions, modulus, and exponents
- Number Systems (LCM, HCF, Remainder Theory, Prime Factors)
- Venn Diagrams
- Work Problems
- Age Problems
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Ratio, Proportions, and Mixtures
- Data Sufficiency
- Coordinate Geometry
- Operation Problems/Functions
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Summation of Series
- Permutations and Combinations
Now that you know the topics to prepare for, you should know How to prepare for these topics. You should prepare for these topics from the latest official GMAT guide. Hence, here’s what we advise for complete preparation.
- The key to a complete preparation is preparing a topic at a time and not juggling between scattered/random questions from various topics. So, for a particular day, pick a particular topic.
- Spend a certain portion of the fixed time understanding the concept in itself from the very basics and use different ways to approach the topic.
- In the Official GMAT Guide, the questions from different topics are all compiled together in a scattered manner. But preparing like that leaves your preparation weaker and incomplete. From the Official GMAT Guide, pick the questions from your current topic and practice them one after the other while leaving out other irrelevant questions. This will ensure you learn every sort of application of the concept completely in varied setups and problems and hence make sure that your preparation of that topic is solid and impregnable. Contact us for the list with linked question numbers.
- While practicing, mark out the questions you found difficult or important for quick revisions later.
This clarity in syllabus and method of preparation is bound to help any person preparing for the GMAT which ensures a phenomenal increase in the GMAT score. For further reference regarding the preparation of the quant section, refer to our blog about the preparation for the quant section of GMAT.
At The GMAT Coach, our extremely experienced team and coaches know exactly how to help each student as every student has unique requirements. Being the best Online GMAT Coaching; we provide Personalized One-on-one GMAT Prep Classes so that you can get the right amount of coaching and personalized guidance according to a plan customized for you. With the help of our expertise and knowledge, we guide you through problem-solving and help you improve your quant score by leaps and bounds. Try out FREE Online Session # 1 where you can avail a 1.5 Hour Personalized One-on-One session with one of our world-class coaches. These coaches evaluate your profile and make a personalized action plan for you, all for free and no obligations attached.
After the session, it is totally up to you if you want to join us or not, though we can proudly claim that 9 out of 10 people who try our FREE Session end up enrolling for our services. So Sign up for the free session NOW!