Is your Executive Assessment (EA) Test Score a few points below your target score? If yes, then you need to know some key strategies to improve your final score.
From our experience we have identified three potential challenges and illustrated the practical solutions to overcome them.
Evaluate your Weak Areas & Focus on Understanding the Concepts:
- Quant Section: Ensure if can understand and use a linear approach to breakdown questions into simple steps; solve at each step one-by-one. Also, you need to have the capability of converting sentences into equations. This way ensures that your chances of making mistakes are less.
- Need to focus on understanding the gist of those topics
- The best way to speed up calculations is to eliminate the need of calculations.
- Most problems in EA Test are actually meant to test your ability to look at a complex scenario and find simple solutions to it.
- You are aspiring managers, right? A manager is not somebody who is a mathematical genius, but somebody who is proficient at efficient utilization of resources.
- Verbal Section: Study the rules and familiarize yourself with the concepts behind each verbal topic. Focus on those you find new or challenging. Use your study sessions to fill your knowledge gaps.
- Attempt many Practice Tests at regular intervals: This will help you identify your weak areas topics; work on those weak areas and assess the reasons why you have made those mistakes. Work on fixing these and ensure they are not repeated.
- Once you have assessed your strengths and weaknesses for each section, maintain a record and keep updating your progress at regular intervals.
To Err is Human
- Try to identify the areas where you are making careless / avoidable mistakes. Are you solving questions in a rush? Do you value speed over accuracy? Does your mental math fail you at times? It is habits like this that result in careless mistakes.
- Understand that careless mistakes do not reflect lack of knowledge. They reflect error in method – and hence are completely preventable. As common as they are, they require work, as these habits need to be unlearnt.
- The key is to focus completely on the particular question being solved. Keep a calm and composed mindset and apply what you have learnt systematically.
Time Management Issues?
- Whenever you are solving questions of a particular type, time yourself. This way you will know which type of questions you are taking too long to solve, and hence need to work more on. The key, during the exam, is to not give up on questions too soon, nor take too long to solve them.
- At times, there are multiple ways of solving a question, but not all are equally efficient. Identify the most efficient one and use that method to save time and increase accuracy. Focus more on Common Sense approach.
The team at “The GMAT Coach” is experienced in addressing all your EA Test Prep related queries. Feel free to contact us at https://thegmatcoach.com/executive-assessment/ for a FREE 1.5-Hour Session with our experts.