One of the many questions that run in the mind of Executive MBA Applicants / EA Test Takers when they start their preparation – “What is an Ideal EA Test Score for their B-School Program?”
We will help you solve this answer by giving an overview of the entire EA Test Scoring pattern.
An overview of the EA Test Scoring Criteria:
Division of the EA Test into 3 Sections: There are 3 Sections in which the EA Test & each Section carries 20 points.
- IR (Integrated Reasoning) Section: This section contains 12 Questions, divided equally between 2 Modules, for a total time duration of 30 Minutes. There are four types of Questions that can be asked in this section:
- Multi-source Reasoning
- Graphic Interpretation
- Two-part Analysis
- Table Analysis
- VR (Verbal Reasoning) Section: This section contains 14 Questions, divided equally between 2 Modules, for a total time duration of 30 Minutes. There are three types of Questions that can be asked in this section:
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Reasoning
- Sentence Correction
- QR (Quantitative Reasoning) Section: This section contains 14 Questions, divided equally between 2 Modules, for a total time duration of 30 Minutes. There are two types of Questions that can be asked in this section:
- Data Sufficiency
- Problem Solving
Calculation of Range of Score: The Total Score is calculated by adding the points scored in each of the 3 Sections to a fixed base score of 120. So, an EA Test Score has the range from a 120 (min.) to a 180 (max.). In reality, it has been observed that the general scores range from 131 to 172, with 150 being the Median Score.
Analyzing the Percentiles:
Any score higher than the Average / Median Score can be considered a “Good Score” or an “Ideal Score” as it can be used to show the test taker’s competency when compared to the other candidates. This is where the percentiles come in. Following is the data released by GMAC:
- 75th Percentile: A Total Score of 153
- 50th Percentile: A Total Score of 150
- 25th Percentile: A Total Score of 146
From this, it can be understood that a score above 150 puts the candidate at an advantage.
EA Test Score for E-MBA programs
For most Business School Programs, a good EA Test Score is an indicator of the candidate’s readiness to take on the program curriculum competitively. So, depending on schools and their internal criteria a score of 152+ is considered to be good enough for most programs, with 155 being the ideal average. A “Good Score” or an “Ideal Score” means with this score your chances of admission into E-MBA Programs are high. Having said that applicants with scores lower than 140 have also been admitted to the many programs.
Though there is an “Good Score” or an “Ideal Score” Range for EA Test, a lower score does not totally blow your chances of selection into your dream program as a lot of other factors are also weighed.
Remember we, “The GMAT Coach” Team, are always there to help, support, guide you in your EA Test Prep journey & will be more than happy to speak to you in case you have any questions or need further information. Feel free to connect with us for a FREE 1.5-Hour Session for your EA Test Prep. Use the link below to schedule this Free Session: https://thegmatcoach.com/executive-assessment/