As we all know, the Coronavirus Pandemic has changed every-day life throughout every sector. Business Schools are not exempt from this sweeping change. The normal functioning of Business Schools, Admission Testing, Study Schedules have all been disrupted.
- Mostof the Top Business Schools like Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Yale etc. have moved their courses online, while extending application deadlines.
- All travel programs have been suspended and other events have either been cancelled or shifted online.
- Some schools like NYU may push theirStart Date of their 1-Year Programs that require Experiential Learning.
- Many Schools are looking to have their Admission Interviewsthrough Video Conference (Skype etc.) rather than face-to-face, to avoid exposure.
- Some schools like INSEAD and London Business Schoolare waiving the Test Score criteria for a provisional admission, but they might ask successful applicants to take the test later, when restrictions cease.
- London Business School for example, wants detailed statements pertaining to Quantitative Skills and Experience, in the absence of Test Scores.
- However, some schools like Illinois Tech have completely waived the requirement for Standardized Test Scores for the 2020 season applicants.
While some schools are more equipped to deal with this unprecedented phenomenon, others are still figuring out the Virtual / Online World. These schools might have to select candidates from much lower on the waitlists and might even have to defer admissions significantly while they build a robust online infrastructure.
While there is a risk of number of International Applicants falling, the Business Schools are not too worried, as there is little lack of talented aspirants.
Business Schools are putting in a lot of effort into reworking their Operational and Logistical Frameworks to better combat the Coronavirus pandemic. You too should put in your best efforts during this period, to get closer to an Admission to your dream Business School.
Remember we, “The GMAT Coach” Team, are always there to help, support, guide you in your journey in these Testing Times & will be more than happy to speak to you in case you have any questions or concerns. Feel free to connect with us for a general counselling session. Please schedule from using the link below.: